The Griz

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

The Griz

Post by Common Cat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Take some time to go back and listen to Colter's and Gus Tootell's break down of the griz/eag game on their show Tootell and Tatanka. Starts about 31 minutes in on the 9-26 show http://1029espn.com/podcasts-2/ Serious shades of Ash/Cramsey/Marshall. We all know how that story ends.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: The Griz

Post by golden77 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am

A couple of statistics that really stand out for the Griz. They have lost 6 of their last 7 conference games, and they didn't win a conference game on the road last year. Also a lot of griz fans are saying the cats win over UND isn't legit because they were missing numerous players. The cats were also missing several players, but even more telling was the fact that Eastern Washington was decimated with multiple key injuries and still pulled out the win at Zooland.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:56 am

I think it's funny how all these Griz fans were spouting off about how Gregorak was a poison and caused a bunch of division and conflict on that team and then when Stitt fired him things were going to be better. A bunch of us on here saw it differently and see Stitt as somewhat of a Napoleon Complex dude that viewed TG as a threat. Rightfully so because he's a better coach and players absolutely love him. Now Stitt has gotten rid of all the players and coaches that were at all in conflict with his way and his vision so here we go. It's 100% Stittshow now so let's see what happens.

My opinion - that ship is sinking.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 am

My only question is do they still have Monte?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:24 am

Academics/enrollment is waning!!! The "once vaunted football program" is waning!!!
Just curious, just how is the food at the cafeteria?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:30 am

Hypothetical question. Do the griz make the playoffs this year if they finish 7-4?

I don't think they do, given their 2 wins over cupcakes. I think they need 8 wins this year to get in. That means they have to go 6-1 the rest of the way. I don't see it.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 pm

91catAlum wrote:Hypothetical question. Do the griz make the playoffs this year if they finish 7-4?

I don't think they do, given their 2 wins over cupcakes. I think they need 8 wins this year to get in. That means they have to go 6-1 the rest of the way. I don't see it.
I think its a coin flip at 7-4, maybe even a 75% chance they get in. Both cupcakes are still FCS programs. One loss to an FBS top 5 and a loss to Ewoo. I guess it depends on who else is in from the Big Sky, and who else is competing for those spots at 7-4. Lets say their only losses are UW, EWU, at Weber, and at MSU...I think theres a better than even chance they make it in on that record.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 am

onceacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Hypothetical question. Do the griz make the playoffs this year if they finish 7-4?

I think its a coin flip at 7-4, maybe even a 75% chance they get in. Both cupcakes are still FCS programs. One loss to an FBS top 5 and a loss to Ewoo. I guess it depends on who else is in from the Big Sky, and who else is competing for those spots at 7-4. Lets say their only losses are UW, EWU, at Weber, and at MSU...I think theres a better than even chance they make it in on that record.
To finish 7-4, they'd have to go 5-3 in BSC games. At this point, I'm not sure they can pull that off, but if they do, I think they definitely get in. Any team that goes 7-4 from one of the FCS Power 5 conferences (BSC, CAA, MVFC, SoCon, Southland) is going to get in almost every time, now that the field has been expanded to 24 teams, as long as all 7 wins were against D-I teams, and they have a winning record in conference play. And UM is always gonna have a better chance than most, because of their history and tradition.

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 pm

There is an interesting thread on egriz talking about the best brother tandems who have played for the griz. A few posters have mentioned Columbus brothers Greg and John Fitzgerald. Greg was an all American linebacker who I believe also won a national championship. John was also a very good tight end for the griz. Greg's son RJ is a true freshman from Dillon, #42, who is already starting on special teams. He also won a State championship with Troy Anderson at Dillon. I think these two kids are both going to be excellent players for the cats.