EWU Insight

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

EWU Insight

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 am

Good friend is a EWU whale. We had dinner the other night and he told me the "Gateway Project" is basically dead. Dollars needed just not there, but they are looking at other options. I told him option 1A is to replace the cheapo high school aluminium visitor section. Always have to mention the stylish red turf :oops:
This guy is a "real deal" and firmly believes the 2017 team may be the best one yet. He said EWU has had several outstanding recruiting classes in a row and talent is everywhere. He told me to take a look at the offensive line if I wanted confirmation. So I did...and he is right.
Schliticting 6'5 300, soph, 14 starts
Hunter 6'4 290, jr, 3 starts
Taylor 6'6 315, soph 14 starts
Blackman 6'2 285 jr, 11 starts, All-American
Meyer 6'5 310, jr, 13 starts.

Other stuff of interest.... another Kupp...little brother, jr. backup middle line backer Ketner, plus 6'4 240 starting TE Jack Gilder from Corvallis, MT. Eastern remains "Washington's Team" with 75 roster players home boys.
He asked me about the Bobcats and I had one word.."Dangerous"

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: EWU Insight

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Good friend is a EWU whale. We had dinner the other night and he told me the "Gateway Project" is basically dead. Dollars needed just not there, but they are looking at other options. I told him option 1A is to replace the cheapo high school aluminium visitor section. Always have to mention the stylish red turf :oops:
This guy is a "real deal" and firmly believes the 2017 team may be the best one yet. He said EWU has had several outstanding recruiting classes in a row and talent is everywhere. He told me to take a look at the offensive line if I wanted confirmation. So I did...and he is right.

Other stuff of interest.... another Kupp...little brother, jr. backup middle line backer Ketner, plus 6'4 240 starting TE Jack Gilder from Corvallis, MT. Eastern remains "Washington's Team" with 75 roster players home boys.
Good stuff. EWU has a brutal schedule but I'd put my money on them winning the Big Sky yet again.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Good friend is a EWU whale. We had dinner the other night and he told me the "Gateway Project" is basically dead. Dollars needed just not there, but they are looking at other options. I told him option 1A is to replace the cheapo high school aluminium visitor section. Always have to mention the stylish red turf :oops:

Thank you. Talked to a kid who played high school ball in Missoula and played quarterback for them not too long ago and is a pretty decent judge of talent who told me his old school won't miss a beat this year. They are loaded with talent from the state of Washington, are doing everything the same as last year and he thinks their quarterback has a much better understanding of the position after a year of studying the game.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 am

EWU just lost their #1 OL guy Nick Ellison.
His departure throws the Eagles’ depth chart into disarray. A fixture on the right side last year, Ellison was moved to the left last spring while former left tackle Tristen Taylor shifted to left guard to beef up the running game.
Ellison is the second high-profile player to leave the program recently. Starting linebacker Alek Kacmarcik, a two-year letter winner who had 82 tackles last year, quit during the summer, also for personal reasons.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/a ... kle-nick-/

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 am

Cat Grad wrote:

Thank you. Talked to a kid who played high school ball in Missoula and played quarterback for them not too long ago and is a pretty decent judge of talent who told me his old school won't miss a beat this year. They are loaded with talent from the state of Washington, are doing everything the same as last year and he thinks their quarterback has a much better understanding of the position after a year of studying the game.
Hmmm. Are you saying a MT High School FB player played QB for EWU? Not ringing a bell, maybe I misunderstood.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:08 am

catatac wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Hmmm. Are you saying a MT High School FB player played QB for EWU? Not ringing a bell, maybe I misunderstood.
Florida head coach Jim McElwain who is from Missoula played QB for EWU, but that was certainly a while back.