Colorado State New Stadium

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Colorado State New Stadium

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:31 pm

The new on-campus stadium at Colorado State University will serve as a cornerstone for CSU Athletics and a focal point, uniting our campus and community through the pride we experience when winning and demonstrating our university’s commitment to excellence.

https://stadium.colostate.edu/about/

Really nice. Really jealous

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Colorado State New Stadium

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:15 pm

DaCats21 wrote:The new on-campus stadium at Colorado State University will serve as a cornerstone for CSU Athletics and a focal point, uniting our campus and community through the pride we experience when winning and demonstrating our university’s commitment to excellence.

https://stadium.colostate.edu/about/

Really nice. Really jealous
This could easily be Uncle Denny and Aunt Phylis' crowning contribution to the town of Missoula. Washington-Grizzly Stadium could soon surpass Boise State and Nevada-Reno as a destination location regionally as all the deep pockets who infest the Gallatin have virtually no desire to contribute to the gateway to MSU. They are content sending their dollars to schools such as the Citadel, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Jacksonville State and believe it or not Kennesaw State! They'd rather see MSU and Bozo remain one of their vacation homes like they have in Carmel or Monterrey...okay, I posted my thoughts you...put your money where your mouth is...IOBC 1-79.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:49 am

This place looks great. Doubt if they will shift Sonny Lubick's name to the new field. Don't know if I get the Dennis Washington reference..probably an analogy to what is happening in Missoula. Seems our deep pocket folks are sending help to places like the engineering and business schools. I can't help but think there are efforts underway to "finish" the lower level of Bobcat Stadium, perhaps even bowling in the other endzone. I understand if we just replace the other sideline we end up with fewer seats which is massively unproductive. Maybe we should have a website like CSU's with a "donate" option. I see there is a $25.00 minimum. Just based on the membership numbers of Bobcatnation, there has to be a bunch of smaller donations that really add up ala Bernie Sanders. "Sanders Bobcat Stadium" :wink:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 pm

I would hope they give some type of honor to both Sonny and McElwain. Both did a lot for CSU and spent time at MSU.

As far as Dennis Washington and his contributions to UM. Think what type of facilities they would have if he were to contribute more proportionately to his reputed 4.6 BILLION worth...anyway...

Clemson has their I.P.T.A.Y. program that sounds similar to CSU's $25.00 contributions. I Pay Ten A Year could conceivably raise millions for our foundation.

On another fundraising level, I've wondered for years why our athletic department only wanders around Montana to the booster clubs here with the coaches. Every time I read or look at the Alumni base for MSU, I simply shake my head. After Pelini got canned at Nebraska, their AD flew to a Nebraska Booster Meeting in San Francisco to conduct interviews. Anyway...

As far as all the deep pockets we have in our area, it would be nice to see a few of them step into the arena and lift what really is a world class destination location to a more prominate place.

Look how fast Boise exploded in our lifetime. And do you remember before Phil Knight lifted Oregon basically by himself how sorry that school was athletically other than track and field? He fully understood the importance of the football program to an institution.

The president of Gulf Coast got his start in Havre. In their short lived existence they've made either the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight, right? A lot of people laughed at the notion Bozo was bidding for a Winter Olympics. They are the same morons who mocked the founders of Silverwood in Idaho for going out in the middle of no place to build an amusement park. They are also the ones who ridiculed Ted Turner for thinking he could rent space on satellites and bounce television signals off them. For way too many years we had some very disgruntled Athletic Department employees who had the mindset "This is only Montana State."

You and I are old enough to remember when we had the largest field house anywhere not too many years removed from a real National Championship in 29. Put that in perspective with this: the field house opened in 58. How many years has it been since we won a small college national championship? 84 seems a long ways in the past right now to me.

The 50s and 60s were great years to live in the Gallatin and be close to MSU Athletics. All sports were relevant and so was our conferences. Now? The Summit and Missouri Valley have respect. So does Gonzaga and you know how close they were to shutting down their basketball program Few's first two years there. Our Athletic Department has to step up faster.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

When I think of our new additions and needs and wants, I envision that left-hand side of that stadium as our indoor practice facility/East grandstand all in one piece

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 am

94VegasCat wrote:When I think of our new additions and needs and wants, I envision that left-hand side of that stadium as our indoor practice facility/East grandstand all in one piece
That would eat up a lot of tailgate real estate