Jameis Winston on Mike & Mike

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Jameis Winston on Mike & Mike

Post by John K » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

I caught part of an interview with Jameis Winston on Mike & Mike this morning, and at one point he said something to the effect of how impressive Carson Wentz had been this season, despite coming from a "D-III or D-II school or whatever it was". It's just sometimes really disappointing how little respect FCS gets from the fans, media, players, etc. I think the change from I-A/I-AA to FBS/FCS has made this even worse. Most people have no idea what those acronyms even mean. If he didn't have any idea that NDSU was a D-I FCS program, despite all the publicity they've received for their five consecutive national championships, two appearances on GameDay, and Wentz being the number two overall pick, what hope is there for any of the other FCS programs to get any respect? I bet that comment was infuriating to any NDSU fans who may have heard it. What are ya gonna do though..."it is what it is" as they say, and it's probably never gonna change.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jameis Winston on Mike & Mike

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Unfortunately that is the reality of FCS football. You're either FBS or you're "D3 or D2 or whatever it is."
I've been in arguments with other Bobcat fans about whether or not the Cats play D1 football... Ugh!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

The real unfortunate part is you put any credence is Jameis Winstons opinion. I bet that guy couldnt even tell you where the college campus was in Tallahassee. Now if you were having a conversation about theft, rape or being a circus clown you might want to talk to Jemeis. Anything outside that narrow spectrum is not in his wheel house.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Well ya, there's that.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

Haha, yeah, I feel so bad that Jameis Winston doesn't know his college football subdivisions. I'm going to strip off all my clothes and jump in front of a semi.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 am

Winston didn't even know you are suppose to pay for crab legs...