Clemson

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Clemson

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:01 pm

How many points do they win by tonight?

20+?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Clemson

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 pm

I'll take Bama if you give me only 19 points... and yes I currently owe you TWO bottles :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:49 pm

catatac wrote:I'll take Bama if you give me only 19 points... and yes I currently owe you TWO bottles :lol:
Bring them to the Griz cat tailgate at KMAXs tailgate next year...........I will share with you guys 8)

I would bet you but honestly, I have won so many bottles of alcohol over here its really starting to make me feel bad.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Why even have targeting rules when you won't call them against Bama? The swinging punch at Watsons head in the first quarter should have been an ejection. That would have "set the tone"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

www.maroonblood.com

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Clemson got fu*ked by the refs all night long, its unbelievable how one sided the officiating was.

www.maroonblood.com

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Why even have targeting rules when you won't call them against Bama? The swinging punch at Watsons head in the first quarter should have been an ejection. That would have "set the tone"

Five things:
1 - how did that guy not get ejected?
2 - Prukop is better than Hurts.
3 - those pick plays that got Clemson two TDs would've been called against every team I root for.
4 - Watson is too indecisive to make it in the NFL.
5 - that ref had some big guns.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:22 am

TomCat88 wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:Why even have targeting rules when you won't call them against Bama? The swinging punch at Watsons head in the first quarter should have been an ejection. That would have "set the tone"

Five things:
1 - how did that guy not get ejected?
2 - Prukop is better than Hurts.
3 - those pick plays that got Clemson two TDs would've been called against every team I root for.
4 - Watson is too indecisive to make it in the NFL.
5 - that ref had some big guns.
5 things back:
1. Agreed but its Alabama and they never get ****** called on them like that.
2. Probably
3. Agreed but it was awesome to see Clemson do what Bama does all the time, mug, hold, grab and pick.....and get away with it.
4. Watson will be a solid NFL QB........more McNabb than Vince Young
5. Hes no Ed Hochuli

www.maroonblood.com

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Clemson got fu*ked by the refs all night long, its unbelievable how one sided the officiating was.
The picks by the WRs were really blatant. I was really surprised on at least 2 occasions when the refs didn't call them.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 am

I thought Clemson outplayed the Tide. Bama had a good first drive and last drive, but in between Clemson beat them 28-17. Then Clemson scored easily on the last drive. Seven of those 17 came on that bomb by Alabama. Clemson drove the ball consistently and really wore the Bama defense down. I think they ran just under 100 plays.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 am

I was rooting for Clemson all year. Deshaun Watson is not only a great football player but he is a great person. I believe he will be successful in the NFL. I remember when everyone said Mariota wouldn't do great in the NFL, and he is doing just fine.

This was a great game!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:11 pm

The Butcher wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:Clemson got fu*ked by the refs all night long, its unbelievable how one sided the officiating was.
The picks by the WRs were really blatant. I was really surprised on at least 2 occasions when the refs didn't call them.
You are right those picks were very Alabamaesque and it was nice that since the officials dont call them on Bama they treated Clemson with the same "respect" by over looking the rules put on the books. Nice to see somebody Saban...Saban

www.maroonblood.com

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Those "picks" (rubs) were not illegal. If the defender engages the WR, the WR has a right to continue to try to get open even if he knocks the defender down. Both plays the Alabama defender engaged the WR. It was great recognition by the Clemson and poor recognition by Bama. The end of the Seattle-NE Super Bowl is a great example of defenders reading the Rub play correctly.

No foul on Clemson, or Alabama if they have done the same thing.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm

iaafan wrote:Those "picks" (rubs) were not illegal. If the defender engages the WR, the WR has a right to continue to try to get open even if he knocks the defender down. Both plays the Alabama defender engaged the WR. It was great recognition by the Clemson and poor recognition by Bama. The end of the Seattle-NE Super Bowl is a great example of defenders reading the Rub play correctly.

I dont care if they were or were not, my point was it was nice seeing Alabama get overpowered and bullied they same way they try to do it to other teams.

www.maroonblood.com

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm

iaafan wrote:I thought Clemson outplayed the Tide. Bama had a good first drive and last drive, but in between Clemson beat them 28-17. Then Clemson scored easily on the last drive. Seven of those 17 came on that bomb by Alabama. Clemson drove the ball consistently and really wore the Bama defense down. I think they ran just under 100 plays.
I never would have imagined that Clemson could put up more than 500 yards and 35 points on Alabama's defense. That was very impressive. And yes...Clemson ran 99 plays.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm

iaafan wrote:Those "picks" (rubs) were not illegal. If the defender engages the WR, the WR has a right to continue to try to get open even if he knocks the defender down. Both plays the Alabama defender engaged the WR. It was great recognition by the Clemson and poor recognition by Bama. The end of the Seattle-NE Super Bowl is a great example of defenders reading the Rub play correctly.

Absolutely right. Bama played man defense on both occasions. Clemson coaches and players read it both times and called the right play. Also, both times, the receiver sold the fact that he was running a route that happened to screen the second defender, not just blatantly trying to set a screen. On the first one the guy even put his hands up and turned towards Watson as though he was a target. So often when a pic play gets called for a penalty, it's because the receiver setting up the rub acts like a power forward setting a screen on the basketball court, with no intent of trying to be a receiving option on the play. Easy call for the officials to make. Clemson receivers are obviously well coached and disciplined.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm

John K wrote:
iaafan wrote:I thought Clemson outplayed the Tide. Bama had a good first drive and last drive, but in between Clemson beat them 28-17. Then Clemson scored easily on the last drive. Seven of those 17 came on that bomb by Alabama. Clemson drove the ball consistently and really wore the Bama defense down. I think they ran just under 100 plays.
I never would have imagined that Clemson could put up more than 500 yards and 35 points on Alabama's defense. That was very impressive. And yes...Clemson ran 99 plays.
They had 550 yards and 40 points last year and 85 plays. Bama had a senior QB who didn't suck so that's how they won the game.

Mobile QBs have given Bama trouble the past 5 or so years. Wears those huge linemen down.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:12 pm

PapaG should be along any minute now to comment on my record streak of being right. :coffee:

www.maroonblood.com

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm

I quit watching the game shortly after bama's first score when one of their offense tackled a defender and never got called for holding. Listening to the announcers was too much like listening to the media declare that Hillary won the election all night long during the election.