The Potato Bowl...

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

The Potato Bowl...

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:17 pm

The Vandals are looking fairly good. Beating Colo St right now, 13-7...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Potato Bowl...

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Yep. Idaho isn't a bad team, and we had a pretty good shot at beating these guys but couldn't get it done.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Idaho fans are insufferable when they're bad. Imagine how they'll be when the Vandals are good. I'm sure they all think they should be in the Pac-12 now instead of joining the Big Sky.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:49 pm

catatac wrote:Yep. Idaho isn't a bad team, and we had a pretty good shot at beating these guys but couldn't get it done.
Darn straight. And they are now blowing Colo St out of the stadium... With the Rams about a 15 point favorite and then this score. Now a 41-14 score...Pretty impressive Vandals.

msubobcats@outlook.com

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:26 am

My take for what it is worth.

The die hard Idaho fans still feel they got kicked in the crotch to move down and this was their chance at going out in style and doing it on that horrible blue crap. It looked down right dangerous to play on that crap in the cold. I feel if the Cats played Idaho later in the season they would have won the game.

ddlalum
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ddlalum » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

"We belong in FBS, period," Linehan said after the game (via CFBonESPNRadio). "That's what I believe, that's what everyone believes. We know that we can compete, we belong here. No matter what anyone thinks, even our tone-deaf president. Maybe he doesn't think we belong here, but I think we belong here."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:57 am

ddlalum wrote:"We belong in FBS, period," Linehan said after the game (via CFBonESPNRadio). "That's what I believe, that's what everyone believes. We know that we can compete, we belong here. No matter what anyone thinks, even our tone-deaf president. Maybe he doesn't think we belong here, but I think we belong here."
Another millenial who doesn't understand economics and the primary purpose of an institution of higher education. They are so adorable!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:46 pm

I think the one thing u of Idaho has, good or bad is that they have a high population of their students in a frat or sorority.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:37 pm

ddlalum wrote:"We belong in FBS, period," Linehan said after the game (via CFBonESPNRadio). "That's what I believe, that's what everyone believes. We know that we can compete, we belong here. No matter what anyone thinks, even our tone-deaf president. Maybe he doesn't think we belong here, but I think we belong here."
One season does not a dynasty make..... See if they can repeat.

msubobcats@outlook.com

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:24 am

RickRund wrote:
One season does not a dynasty make..... See if they can repeat.
At FBS schools you need to get lucky in hiring either an unproven or a proven but damaged head coach. The problem is that with the exception of Boise State, where a culture is in place, once that coach has any type of success at an Idaho that head coach gets a better job and the school needs to hit on an A+ coach again to maintain that level.

It's an unsustainable model for long-term success at these G5 schools, and even more so in small towns far away from recruiting hotbeds such as Moscow, ID, and Missoula, MT.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride