UM's Caleb Kidder

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

UM's Caleb Kidder

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:13 am

He's going to be very interesting to follow this year. I've got very good sources on him and he's already getting interest from several NFL teams. If he can avoid injury and puts together the kind of year he's capable of I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted very high. First round isn't a stretch.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Re: UM's Caleb Kidder

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Calm down TC88.......this isnt eGriz.......................................

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:41 pm

After a year on the interior D line it would appear he has the strength to play end. The question is does he have the speed to be a pass rusher??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:50 pm

None of those are questions.

Granted he is going against our very below average Tackles but Kidder is not blockable inside or out with his speed. Will this change when he goes up against higher caliber tackles yes but then he will demand double teams. Just my opinion but I havent seen as destructive a force play DE at UM since Andy Petek was there in the late 90s. Kidder is flat abusing people with his strength and leverage and is the most dominant DL guy I can remember for a LONG time.

Save the "Wags" and Holmes comments for special needs posters like 87% of eGrizzers.

Kidder isnt in their category.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Hmmmm. Where did Andy end up???

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Is that really what you are going to take form this?

I can play that game if you want to:
Andy ended up with this guy in prison
http://www.kulr8.com/story/23208232/coc ... -uncovered

I would rather keep this about Kidder but its up to you. :coffee:

www.maroonblood.com

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:10 pm

So, Caleb has speed with his strength. Ought to have a good year. Maybe opponents will need to run at him

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:04 am

I can't find a scouting service that even has Kidder being drafted at this point. I'm sure he'll get a shot at the NFL, but first round? Reminds me of when Griz fans like my dad and his buddies back in the day were speculating about Jason Crebo leaving after his junior year for the NFL. Um, nope.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 am

PapaG wrote:I can't find a scouting service that even has Kidder being drafted at this point. I'm sure he'll get a shot at the NFL, but first round? Reminds me of when Griz fans like my dad and his buddies back in the day were speculating about Jason Crebo leaving after his junior year for the NFL. Um, nope.
You'll see this Saturday. Kidder is a beast.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:21 am

griz5700 wrote:
PapaG wrote:I can't find a scouting service that even has Kidder being drafted at this point. I'm sure he'll get a shot at the NFL, but first round? Reminds me of when Griz fans like my dad and his buddies back in the day were speculating about Jason Crebo leaving after his junior year for the NFL. Um, nope.
You'll see this Saturday. Kidder is a beast.
I didn't say otherwise. He's a hell of a player. I am interested in seeing how he plays while getting the double-teams/chips that Holmes was getting last year. First round pick, though? Let's pump the brakes a bit, eh?

What a ride

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Except TomCat is the one who said it....and he is a Cats fan. So there is that. Otherwise your post was spot on?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Except TomCat is the one who said it....and he is a Cats fan. So there is that. Otherwise your post was spot on?
Yes, and your point is...? Where did I say it's a Griz fan who posted that in this thread? Please point that out, or is this another example of your amazing reading comprehension skills? I said it "reminds me of Griz fans," and TomCat88 mentioned "very good sources on him," which I assume are somewhat close to the Griz program, anyhow. At no point did I state that TomCat88 was a Griz fan.

What a ride

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:49 pm

He will be good, to the degree you guys are talking as if he is Reggie White. First round is just a profoundly ridiculous comment. 10 sacks.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Anacomando wrote:He will be good, to the degree you guys are talking as if he is Reggie White. First round is just a profoundly ridiculous comment. 10 sacks.

How many sacks will Kidder have in the UNI game then?

www.maroonblood.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:57 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tom's also a Capital High alum... so there is that, too.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:34 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Bruin born, Bruin bred...

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 am

If Kidder even sniffs the first round, I'll vote for Hillary.

He's a good player, but he's not going first round. 3 round at best, IMO

/and that's being optimistic.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:42 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Bruin born, Bruin bred...
I actually pull for HHS when they play CHS in football. Very slightly. All 32 teams are now looking at Kidder. He has perfect dimensions and his measurables are expected to be in the desirable range. If he has the kind of year he's capable and matches his expected measurables he will go very high. I won't be surprised if he goes first round if everything falls into place.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:19 pm

I was off a tad, but he didn't "have the kind of year he's capable of," so there's that. I think he was the best NFL prospect in the BSC and that he'll make the Vikings and have a solid pro career.

toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed May 03, 2017 11:54 am

TomCat88 wrote:I was off a tad, but he didn't "have the kind of year he's capable of," so there's that. I think he was the best NFL prospect in the BSC and that he'll make the Vikings and have a solid pro career.
Not having Tyrone Holmes on the other side had the predicted result for Kidder's season. He was just another guy without real NFL talent like Holmes taking the attention . Has Kidder signed a guaranteed UDFA contact?

What a ride