Wa-Griz Champions Center....

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Wa-Griz Champions Center....

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:52 pm

golden77 wrote:I was just looking at pictures of the champions center being built at Grizzly stadium and have to agree it is gong to be a pretty impressive addition. With that being said, many griz posters are now saying this is going to be the real game changer as far as recruiting goes. My take on that is the grizzlies have probably had the finest facilities in the fcs for quite a long time, but have been slowly dropping in relevance withing the conference and nation. The champions center will be a nice addition to an already top notch stadium, but does anyone else think it will be a game changer, considering that griz stadium is already one of the top 3 fcs stadiums in the nation?
The stadium has always been top notch....I may be biased but I'd say the #1 stadium in all of FCS pretty easily. However, the rest have been laughable. The locker rooms and weight rooms were probably one of the worst. It isn't just a rumor that on many recruiting visits the coaches wouldn't even show recruits the weight rooms or locker rooms because they were such a joke. That is all changing in a major way. This new center is on par and probably nicer with FBS locker and weight facilities. I'm not going to say "game changer" as far as recruiting but will it help....absolutely 100%. Will Griz players, boosters, fans be excited about it....absolutely 100%. Will it help return the Griz to dominance, no idea but I like the steps they are taking. Next up, an indoor practice facility.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Wow! Keep it going. Soon you will have the nicest football facilities for a state school with 4000 students!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:57 pm

HelenaCat wrote:Wow! Keep it going. Soon you will have th
e nicest football facilities for a state school with 4000 students!
=D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:49 pm

HelenaCat wrote:Wow! Keep it going. Soon you will have the nicest football facilities for a state school with 4000 students!
Do you need a tissue? What did I say that made you so butt hurt. It's almost entertaining how defensive you guys get here about EVERYTHING. Let me know how that east bleached project is progressing. If you need the $500 in paint to at least make the piss yellow stains go away I'd be happy to donate.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:31 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 am

Grizaddict wrote:
HelenaCat wrote:Wow! Keep it going. Soon you will have the nicest football facilities for a state school with 4000 students!
Do you need a tissue? What did I say that made you so butt hurt. It's almost entertaining how defensive you guys get here about EVERYTHING. Let me know how that east bleached project is progressing. If you need the $500 in paint to at least make the piss yellow stains go away I'd be happy to donate.
Gee, don't get upset....I was trying to encourage you. You seem to live for griz football and you certainly seem to have all your priorities right. Hang in there guy!

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 pm

It's a great project and yes it certainly helps in recruiting. Recruits have always loved stadiums, but millennial/Z -ers love plush everyday facilities even more. Not just weight rooms, meeting rooms, but also game rooms, exclusive nutrition centers, study and down-time zones, and adders like here at U of Utah which has it's own (football) barber shop with 4 chairs that get a whole lot of use.

Time to catch up! I don't really know which would be better for MSU - a 'champions center' or an indoor practice facility. Since we already have nice weight room (especially with the Pitt being used), I think I'd vote for indoor - bringing guys in from Cali and Texas in NovDec that would soften the chill blow for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk