Oregon State

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Oregon State

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:14 am

I found this on Jim Rome's site...pretty funny stuff.

3-17-05

It has been a rough few months for Oregon State University's Football Team. A number of arrests and problems with players. There have been racially motivated beat downs. Of course there were the two knuckleheads who tried to pay for a cab fare with pot, and some others.

Now this. Beaver football player Ben Michael Siegert was arrested last Friday morning for driving under the influence. Not good. Anytime you get a DUI, you are not having a very good day. That onto itself would be another bad day for Siegert and the Beaver Football program.

But that isn't it. When he was stopped, authorities found a ram in the bed of his pick-up. A male sheep. Ok, now this is getting even more bizarre. Dude is drunk, it's a little after 1:30 in the morning, and the guy has a male sheep in the back of his truck. Wait, it gets weirder. Much weirder. Not only did the guy have a ram in his truck, but apparently the ram in question was stolen from the University and was part of a study on homosexuality in sheep. It was a gay ram.

So, to review quickly, the guy was picked up hammered with a gay ram in the back of his truck. Look, we have all had night where we have had too much to drink. We have all had night where we woke up the next morning and thought, 'Wow, I really shouldn't have done that'. A lot of us have even had nights where you wake up and there is someone in the room with you and you aren't all that sure how they got there. That happens. But a gay ram? That doesn't happen to all that many people. Siegert was driving and there were two other passengers in the car as well. So there were three people and a gay ram. That sounds like the set up to some stupid joke.

Look, I know that Corvalis isn't the most cosmopolitan city in the world. I know that college is a time of experimentation. But swiping a gay ram? That's not ok. Ever. For any reason. A regular ram would be disturbing. A gay ram makes is downright deviant… Siegert is trying to deny it. "I don't know anything about it. I'm from a city. I don't know anything about sheep." Nice try. Too bad that Benton County under Sherrif Diana Simpson confirmed your deviant act. "Either Mr. Siegert isn't being truthful with you, or maybe he was too intoxicated to remember." I am sure he was. I think I might try and forget that I was arrested with a gay ram. I would like to pretend it never happened either. Good luck living that one down. I am sure you can look forward to a stadium full of bleats when you show up next season.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:38 am

Thanks wbtfg, I really needed a good laugh this morning!

theblackgecko
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by theblackgecko » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 pm

Looks like Reser isn't the only thing being raised in Corvallis.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 pm

Ouch. Thats so sad it's funny. Jim Rome is one or the most sarcastic, snide, cynical, and opinionated sports writers out there. I love his work!!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: