Sac St at UM

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sac St at UM

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Except Sac leaves the middle of the field open and sneed walks in from 12. 28-24 Sac.

Im really not impressed with either team. Ill take Dotson though.
Last edited by luckyirishguy25 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm
Best drive for Montana today, as far as their D getting rest, but it may not result in 7.
They got the 7 but 24 seconds left in the half. :twisted:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:39 pm

28-24 at the half! Sheesh! Hope you gamblers took the over, cuz we're already there.

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am

We have got to see the home grizzlies in action, three of their four games have been at Wa-Griz stadium. Kind of interested to see what happens when they hit the road. Can't believe they don't play Eastern, Weber, or Northern Arizona this year. Very soft schedule in my mind. Happy we beat a team they lost too. Could be real crucial at the end of the season.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 pm

golden77 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am
We have got to see the home grizzlies in action, three of their four games have been at Wa-Griz stadium. Kind of interested to see what happens when they hit the road. Can't believe they don't play Eastern, Weber, or Northern Arizona this year. Very soft schedule in my mind. Happy we beat a team they lost too. Could be real crucial at the end of the season.
I disagree you say it’s a soft schedule. Played 2 MVFC teams and beat one that was ranked 13 at the time. Just beat a very good Sac St team who was 7-4 last year and returned practically everyone. They have UND who just upset #5 SHSU and they have UC Davis who is better than 2 of the 3 teams you just listed. Cats avoid all of those as well.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 pm
golden77 wrote:
I disagree you say it’s a soft schedule. Played 2 MVFC teams and beat one that was ranked 13 at the time. Just beat a very good Sac St team who was 7-4 last year and returned practically everyone. They have UND who just upset #5 SHSU and they have UC Davis who is better than 2 of the 3 teams you just listed. Cats avoid all of those as well.
Add to that how UND lost at home yesterday to Idaho State 25 -21 and, oh ooops, I guess that doesn't quite fit your narrative about your tough schedule against world beaters.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
The fact is, the griz don't play the top 2 teams in the conference, at least from how things look today. Nobody's fault of course, just luck of the draw. But still a fact.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
The fact is, the griz don't play the top 2 teams in the conference, at least from how things look today. Nobody's fault of course, just luck of the draw. But still a fact.
Grizaddict is not interested in the facts.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
I think it’s very evident that EWU and UC Davis are the top 2 teams in the Conf. You guys have one, we have the other but neither have both. I think MSU and UM both have legit schedules this year and my guess is SOS sites like Sagarin have both teams closely ranked.

Update:
Just checked Sagarin strength of schedule:

Montana ranked 126 overall. SOS is 50.46 which puts them at a rank of 180.

MSU ranked 154 overall. SOS is 45.59 which puts them at a rank of 206.

Sagarin will change and adapt each week with each opponent so these #s are fluid. So we don’t know truly til end of season but right now (like I said) neither team has a soft schedule.

For perspective:

South Dak St 56 overall. SOS is 26.03 which ranks them at 251 overall.

UNI overall is 86. SOS is 58.44 which ranks them 122 overall.

NDSU is 35 overall (impressive). But their SOS is only 41.66 so far which ranks them 224 overall)

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
Weebs and EWU look like the strongest teams so far but UCDavis might be 2b. SDSU>>>>UNI, Wagner>Drake, Idaho State > North Dakota, Northern Colorado = Southern Utah(what's up with Southern Utah??), we both play Portland State, Cal Poly and Idaho which are not looking like they will live up to expectations. So pretty much our schedule looks a bit tougher on paper but we won't know till end of the year.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:03 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
Weebs and EWU look like the strongest teams so far but UCDavis might be 2b. SDSU>>>>UNI, Wagner>Drake, Idaho State > North Dakota, Northern Colorado = Southern Utah(what's up with Southern Utah??), we both play Portland State, Cal Poly and Idaho which are not looking like they will live up to expectations. So pretty much our schedule looks a bit tougher on paper but we won't know till end of the year.
UC Davis has beat an FBS team, then played the #9 team in the country (Stanford) as well as any FCS team could have (lost 30-10 and it was closer than the score) and just blew up Idaho.

Weber looked silly against an FBS, Best a so-so 1-2 South Dakota team, and only beat Cal Poly by a TD...the same Cal Poly who got obliterated by EWU and NDSU.

Weber is overrated right now. All One had to do is watch a couple of their games vs a couple of UC Davis and he difference is extremely evident. It’s really not that close. UC Davis is the real deal right now.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:03 pm
technoCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
UC Davis has beat an FBS team, then played the #9 team in the country (Stanford) as well as any FCS team could have (lost 30-10 and it was closer than the score) and just blew up Idaho.

Weber looked silly against an FBS, Best a so-so 1-2 South Dakota team, and only beat Cal Poly by a TD...the same Cal Poly who got obliterated by EWU and NDSU.

Weber is overrated right now. All One had to do is watch a couple of their games vs a couple of UC Davis and he difference is extremely evident. It’s really not that close. UC Davis is the real deal right now.
South Dakota is a good team with a very good QB. And Weber was up 10-0 and down 10-17 at the half against a much more talented Utah team. Utah isn't quite as good as Stanford but they are much better than San Jose State. Weber plays a different style than EWU or UC Davis and probably won't blow a lot of teams out. I'll let you have that one though and I still think we come out slightly ahead but with it still being early its hard to know. UCD or WSU might lay some eggs in the next couple of weeks and change my perception.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
golden77 wrote:
I'll agree with most of these, but Wagner and Drake are basically a push. Although it's early in the season, Sagarin even has Drake ranked 3 spots higher, although Wagner did finish slightly higher (5 spots) last season.