Stitt Contract Extension?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Stitt Contract Extension?

Post by bobcat92 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Rumor has it that Stitt was offered a one year extension and he pushed back saying he would only accept a 2 year extension. Would be great for the Cats.

I see a lot of parallels to Ash and Jamie Marshall in this staff. I think we got the better of the deal with TG.

It will be real interesting to see how this falls out.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Stitt Contract Extension?

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:27 pm

I love Stitt in Missoula, I hope he stays for many years... At least until it gets boring beating them every year, then I hope they hire a coach that can give us some competition.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 pm

It is pretty remarkable how similar the talk about Stitt from Griz fans right now is to the talk about Ash during his last couple of years at MSU. Right down to the lack of importance placed on Cat/Griz and loyalty to a failing DC. That being said, I think firing Stitt right now and going through yet another coaching turnover is probably the worst thing UM could do - so I hope they do it!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 pm

MSU01 wrote:It is pretty remarkable how similar the talk about Stitt from Griz fans right now is to the talk about Ash during his last couple of years at MSU. Right down to the lack of importance placed on Cat/Griz and loyalty to a failing DC. That being said, I think firing Stitt right now and going through yet another coaching turnover is probably the worst thing UM could do - so I hope they do it!
The guy is a dud. They were smart to fire him even if they take a short term step back. I am sure there was a deal cooking with Hauck behind the scene or the AD would have never had the balls to do it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Egirlz is absolutely smack full of amazingness. Take some time and go see how our "cousins" from over the hill are living, its borderline glorious.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level